You are not connected. Please login or register

Paul R's Focus ST225 project

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
hi all i sadly sold my much loved zetec s a few months ago and repaced it with this beast its a 2006 focus st-2 with 25k on the clock with the only changes being a private plate (which i have manged to make work with my name and A for ASBO lol) and it also has dmb gel overlays on the front grill/boot witch i have decided to leave on after allot of thinking.

i have got a few plans in my head for it so i thought id start a project thread and see how it goes, if anyone else has any ideas on what i could do to it please feel free to chip in.

so here goes plans are

Change all fluids,filters,spark plugs plus a good overall checkover with car in air Tidy up engine bay DONE
Get stereo/heater surround, ash tray and gear surround carbon wrapped possibly a few other bits aswell

shampoo, hoover the seats with a carpet cleaner DONE
Paint calipers/ rusty bits on discs black DONE

Stick numberplates back to contours of car and fit stainless screws DONE
spray grills/ fog surrounds satin black or get a woven mesh grill kit in black/silver

Cat back exhaust of some sort or possibly even turbo back

A trip to mountune for the mp260 upgrade

Fit my pioneer reference series headunit with ipod connection in glovebox DONE

Fit my pioneer 6x9s in shelf possibly with stealth shelf

Fit Focus st facelift alloys DONE

Fit osram nightbreaker bulbs for main beam and canbus l.e.d sidelights DONE

Put some bulbs in the footwell light holders DONE

Fit St badges to front calipers

Fit gel overlays on wheel centre caps orange

I think thats all for now but if i think of any more ill add them on this post

heres pics of when i put the deposit down

foot wll lights done and working

the upgrade bulbs

leds working

Last edited by Paul R on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

2 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
Number Plates sorted

picked i these mint wheels from a fellow stoc member for £200 with 2 good contisport 3's and all the nuts so was well chuffed with that i just swappped two of my best contis with the ones that were worn.

after a good polish and a few coats of supaguard

With that done i thought i might aswell paint my calipers etc wilst i had the wheels off

Before

Midway Through Rears on looking good

painted up and wheels on

alltogether i love it what a difference the old wheels were in a right state

Later on on a friends drive

3 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
not much of an update but ive been waiting for my local car audio company to get my audio adapters for a month now so i told them to get me some from somewhere else or i was walking, aparantly theyre wernt any available fron autoleads in the uk so they were comming from europe somewhere so theyre now getting me some from celcius and they should be here monday hopefully.

it was at this point i realized in all this time ive been waiting i could have got all my interior bits carbon wrapped doh so im getting my dads mate to try and get hold me some spare bits for the interior to get wrapped as he works at a scrappy. will hopefully have more on this tomorrow.

ive booked a few days off work prior to rs combe day to get the car buffteyed up mainly my engine bay, door shuts and interior (the worst parts)

cheers

4 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
right progress at last ive im slowly collecting the spare surrounds for the dash to be wrapped so that should be sorted soon

the stereo is finaly in after allot of grief with getting the right harness adapters so some pics of what i have and done are needed

ive managed to mount the ipod controll unit on top of the glove box inside the dash and routed the cable through into the glove box via a hole in the back that was already there so all in all a pretty tidy job so im happy

hope you like

facia pannel from ford parts

the replacement stereo and ipod kit

all fitted

just gotta wait for these dash surrounds to arrive now

5 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
Gave the car a good clean for combe and got my engine bay and doors shuts clean finally in the proccess

Before

After

Rest of car

6 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
well time for abit of an update i think i had the car on the focus stoc stand at ford fair the other day and it was an awesome day must admit.

i now have all of the spare dash surrounds apart from the ash tray door as only the st and a few other high end models seem to have them which is a pain. They will be getting wrapped in the next few weeks.

on a sad note last weekend i got the car up in the air to give it a good go over/service and found i had a split in my drivers side cv driveshaft boot which of course has now let grit in and shagged the joint. luckly though i purchased warranty with the car so its at ford now to hopefully have a new shaft fitted under the warranty.

ford called me today and confirmed the joint is shagged so now the warranty assessor needs to come out and see for himself and hopefully give the go ahead, so looks like im carless all this week so im gutted.

some pices of her at ford fair

7 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
The dash pannels to be wrapped

8 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
shes back and good as new its been horrible not using it and ive certainly got my monys worth out of the warranty aswell lol

9 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:17 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
Havnt done an update in a wile so a coaple of months ago the common problem of alternater failure came to my car so that was done under the waranty with no problems more money saved so that was good.

Also the car has all been serviced and been gone right around all fluids inc powersteering and gear oil filters. brakes all stripped and coppersliped etc so thats that weight off my shoulders.

The seats etc have also been finally shampoo'd with my mates carpet cleaner/hoover so theyre all fresh and clean.

Before

After

smells good in there now lol

10 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
Also during this time some twat decided theyed bang there door agaist the side of my rear quater must have been a van it was pretty high up. i managed to polish the scuff off and that revealed a nice dent but i soon got that sorted out with a decent paintless dent removal man i know very clever youd never know it happened.

i removed the rear interior pannel so he could get behind it and this revealed a very nice standard speaker lol so took a pic lol also sorted out a few rattles that i could hear behind it seems to have solved the problem

11 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
mods to start soon hopefully

12 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
right time for a slight update on this on christmas day i was awoken buy my dad stumbling in with this

mountune non res cat back for the st the poor bloke brout it before i told him i was thinking of selling up wooops lol
anyway luckly mountune kindly took it back i just had to pay postage and my dad has now given me a cheque for the value of the exhaust instead i fealt terrible but there we go.

so yes looks like im selling up sadly i want to get saving for a mortgage now and get a little fun/light car again mk7 fez zs or a fez st still deciding but whatever i get i will be doing another project thread for it so its not all bad news.

the st will be up for sale in the next few weeks so if anyone is interested pm me

focus st-2 34k over 2 years compehensive warranty left £8600ono

i also would just like to thank everyone who has followed this project and kept me spurred on with it. it means allot cheers

13 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
abit of a slighly expected update on this due to the car not being sold yet i realised i would probably be showing the st at shows this year so i thought id get all the main bufty work done through the easter holiday period and also as i had a mate that owed me a favor so asked him if he could use his new megs DA microfibre polisher system on my car lol.

so before

the lovely stuff that revives paintwork

during

the megs after wax on

and one of it buffed off

wheels autoglim srp'd and 2 coats of supaguard sealent

only one as its not quite finished yet ive got some collinite 476s ariving in the post this week so more pics once thats on lol

14 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
the collinite 476s arrived yesterday so last night i cracked on with the two coats and was very pleased with the results its a really nice wax to work with just gotta see how it fares to the elements now.

in the lit garage all finished

15 Re: Paul R's Focus ST225 project on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Paul R

Youngster
Youngster
did some thing odd when id finished with the sponge with the wax on lol

back outside the garage

thats em all

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum